Monday 15 July 2013

On the Road... Part 3. PEI!



PEI – More than the Land of Anne of Green Gables

Wednesday my daughter and I spent the day in PEI.  This really is not the way I recommend seeing the Maritimes.  More maps and brochures and we were on our way.  Once again we went to every museum and gift shop, including all of the Anne of Green Gables and Lucy Maud Montgomery historic sites.  


For the first time, I truly understood and appreciated the Anne of Green Gables stitchery by SaggiTaurus Needlecrafts.  I had seen pictures of Dunes but had never been this close. I had read the Anne books but had not walked in the home where they were written or seen the artifacts that inspired both the books and the stitcheries.  It is a part of the country largely untouched by the 21st Century.  Our drive could have easily been in the same covered wagon that Anne arrived in.


But, there is more to the island than “the little red haired snippet” as one curator called Anne.  There is a whole island steeped in early Canadian history.  We were treated to the sights of the beauty of mid-afternoon tea and shown stitchery that young girls had stitched well over 100 years ago which continues to be prominently displayed in century old homes. 




As soon as the dust settles, and I am back in my office, I will post a list of the shops in PEI that have already ordered product from us.  Hopefully the list will increase.

Next post …. Hear all about the Antigonish Highland Games.

Help us help you keep the spirit in your stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment