Sunday 12 May 2013

Happy Mother's Day One and All!


Happy Mother’s Day …

I have just finished sending out my personal Mother’s Day wishes and it seemed an appropriate time to write this.  To me, Mother’s Day is a time to think of community and the support that we give each other.  I can’t help but think of the familiar picture of the quilting bee of days gone by or, for the males in the group, the barn raiser. 
It’s not that our ancestors were lazy and could not do the jobs themselves, it was that they recognized the joy in working together, learning from the previous generation, and teaching the next, and building a community, one word and one stitch, or nail, at a time . 

I have had some requests for an old fashioned Stitch and Bitch and, if you can put up with the chaos, I would love to begin one once a month.  I am not a retail outlet, so this would be in my home in central North York.  I make a terrible cup of coffee but perhaps we can encourage someone to take over that task.  I can provide a comfortable place to sit, fairly good lighting, and a place where you can sit, relax, stitch, or not, and meet other like-minded people.

If you are interested, drop me a line and let me know what day(s) work for you … and watch this blog for your personal invitation. 

Happy Mother’s Day, to you, to your mother, and to your daughters.  May it be a day filled with the joy of having those you love around you.

 Help us help you keep the spirit in your stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment